Friday, November 8, 2013

Yeah... It's safe to say that I have lost my mind

So I have decided to run a half marathon over fall break... yes I am pretty sure I have lost my mind!! But my mom will be running it with me so it will kinda be like a mom and daughter date. I am extremely nervous especially since I only have about 3 weeks to train for this race. This week alone I have ran 26 miles which is a marathon but that was spread out over 7 days. I just don't know if I will be able to run 13 miles at one time without stopping. To tell you the truth I am absolutely terrified that I will not complete it. Naturally I am a great runner, but I am also extremely competitive therefore I know that I will collapse of fatigue before I walk in this race. Which is not good haha. I want to do really well that is why I have been working out like a fool for the past few weeks. I just really hope that my mom and I cross the finish line together and have a great time but at the same time I hope that we both complete it with a good time that we can be proud of.

Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot keep running for even 10 minutes. Good luck on your marathon. By the way, did you send me your paper? Because I did not receive it yet. My email is ryilin@vt.edu, in case I wrote the wrong one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you go girl! I've always wanted to be a good runner. Just have faith and keep training you can do it! Let me know how it goes. And props to your mom for doing it too.

    ReplyDelete